Italian M&A and Private Equity Forum 2012
25 October 2012
Principe di Savoia, Milan
Join mergermarket at Italy’s largest M&A conference
In a volatile macro environment, mergermarket presents it’s annual conference on Italian M&A opportunities. Providing the corporate finance community with excellent networking opportunities for the past five years, this event is a priority for all advisers, lenders, corporates and private equity originating cross-border and domestic deals in Italy.
- Growth in an era of austerity: A panel of domestic global companies take to the stage, to provide delegates with an insight into where M&A fits within their corporate strategy this year.
- Domestic M&A: In spite of the overall market context, the biggest deal of 2012 is the sale of Edipower to Delmi for €1.9bn – a domestic transaction. So what prospects does the Italian market offer?
- Private equity – an industry reborn? As private equity houses get back-to-basics in the absence of the leverage to financially engineer returns, how has Italy’s industry fared?
- Case Study: Finding the Exit: A candid interview with a private equity professional, which will closely examine a recent exit of an Italian portfolio company.
- Opportunities for the mid-market: What is the current outlook for this market segment? Where are companies focussing their attention?
- International Markets: Asian buyers have been identified as the most likely purchasers of European assets during this economic cycle. With macro challenges of their own, how likely is this assumption to bear fruit?
- Keynote: President Romano Prodi, former Prime Minister of Italy & former President of the European Commission
- Giuseppe Recchi, Chairman, Eni
- Francesco Gianni, Founding Partner, Gianni Origonia Grippo Cappelli Partners
- Francesco Sogaro, Senior Partner, Fondo Italiano d’Investimento
- Marcello Bianchi, Head of Corporate Governance, CONSOB
- Stefano Giudici, Head of Global Banking Italy, HSBC
- Roberto Loiola, Vice President Western Europe, Huawei
- Prasad Meharunkar, Country Head South Europe, Tata Consultancy Services
- Pedro Gomes Pereira, Regional Manager Meditterenean, Martifer Solar
- Luca Lupone, Partner, Deals Leader, PwC
- Stefano Ferraresi, Senior Partner, BC Partners
- Marco de Benedetti, Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
- Felipe Merry del Val, Partner, Bain Capital
- Roberto Italia, Partner, Cinven
- Renato Giallombardo, Partner, Gianni Origoni Grippo Cappelli & Partners
- Diego Selva, Head of Investment Banking Italy, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Gianluca Ghersini, Partner, Gianni Origoni Grippo Cappelli & Partners
- Umberto Giacometti, Managing Director, HSBC
- Lorenzo Stanca, Partner, Mandarin Capital Partners
- Massimo Benedetti, Leader Transaction Services Italy, PwC
- Marianna Vintiadis, Country Manager Italy & Greece, Kroll
- Marco Tanzi Marlotti, Leader Corporate Finance Italy, PwC
- Eugenio Morpurgo, CEO, Fineurop Soditic
- Pamela Barbaglia, Financial Correspondent, mergermarket
- Alessandra Castelli, Deputy Editor, dealReporter Europe
- Giovanni Amodeo, Global Editor in Chief, mergermarket
- Emiliano Mellino, Financial Correspondent, dealReporter Europe
- Davide Schiappapietra, Financial Correspondent, mergermarket
® Registered Trademark of HSBC Holdings plc. mergermarket Limited, Licensee of the Trademark. Agenda is subject to change.